Why Choose Advanced Hand Rehab?
- We are highly skilled, dedicated & licensed Occupational Therapists including Certified Hand Therapists.
- We provide Individualized treatments. Our patients’ plans of care are constantly being reassessed & upgraded.
- Our goal is to provide conscientious, compassionate therapy for all our patients. We always involve patients in their treatment planning & educate them about all aspects of their injury & treatment program.
- We are dedicated to continuing our own education & utilize the latest research & treatment techniques in our practice.
- We place a strong emphasis on collaboration with referring physicians & other health care professionals.
- We have expertise at treating injuries in all phases, including early stages when healing tissues are most vulnerable.
- Se Habla Español
What conditions do Hand Therapists treat?
- Traumatic injuries
- Fractures & dislocations
- Sports injuries
- Tennis elbow & other types of tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel & other nerve entrapment disorders
- Repetitive motion syndromes
- Burns & frostbite
- Tendon & nerve injuries
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Complex regional pain syndrome / RSD
What services do Hand Therapists provide?
Post-operative / Post-traumatic Rehabilitation
- management of open or sutured wound care to aid healing
- control of hypertrophic (raised and/or swollen) or hypersensitive scars
- reduction of swelling
- pain control
- range of motion & strengthening exercises
- moist heat & cold therapy
- neuromuscular re-education
- ultrasound, iontophoresis, electrical stimulation, low level laser
- scar & soft tissue mobilization
- management of acute or chronic pain
- desensitization following nerve injury or trauma
- sensory re-education after nerve injury
- design & implementation of exercise programs to increase motion, dexterity & strength
- customized splints (orthoses) to protect, prevent or correct injury
- joint protection principles
- therapeutic activities
- home exercise programs
- training in the performance of daily living skills through adapted methods
- conditioning prior to return to work